Non-Resident Enrollment


The 2017-18 open enrollment application period is February 6 - April 28, 2017


2017-18 Open Enrollment Brochure

What is Open Enrollment?

The Public School Open Enrollment program is a statewide program that allows students grades K-12 to attend a public school in a district other than the one in which they reside.

Any Wisconsin resident in 4K to grade 12 may apply to attend a nonresident school district under the open enrollment program. However, a child may transfer to a nonresident school district for early childhood education or 4K only if the child’s resident school district offers the same type of program and only if the child is eligible for that program in the resident school district.

Application Information

Source: WI DPI

The regular application period occurs during a 3-month application period each year from February to April for the following school year. It is a parent’s first and best opportunity to apply for open enrollment for a particular school year. 

The preferred method to apply for open enrollment is using the Department of Public Instruction’s online application form. This form is “active” only during the application period and is accessed from a link on the main page of the open enrollment web site -  Although paper forms are available, they are discouraged unless the parent is unable to submit an online application.

A pupil may apply to up to three nonresident school districts in any school year. The parent may request a specific school or program in the nonresident school district, however, assignment to the requested school or program is not guaranteed—even if the application is approved.

An application may be approved* or denied** by either the nonresident or resident district. Parents will receive a response from the district they applied in June in regards to whether their child was offered a seat.  

*If approved, please contact the individual school to complete the necessary paperwork for enrollment

**See DPI website for denial reasons

Notice to all Current Open Enrollment Parents

  • If you have a child who is currently enrolled through Open Enrollment there is no need to reapply for that child. 
  • If you need assistance, the use of a computer or would prefer a hard copy, please contact the District Office.  See contact info below.

Residency, Tuition and Tuition Waivers

For information on Residency, Tuition and Tuition Waivers, visit

Notice to East Troy residents who move out of the district this school year
Current East Troy residents who move out of the district during this current school year and have completed a tuition waiver must also complete an Open Enrollment application if they wish to have their child continue to attend East Troy for the following school year.

For More Information, Contact:

Terry Carstens
Administrative Assistant
262-642-6710 x1221