What are we doing now and in the future?
Here are some examples of things we have done in the past and can do again in the future. The sky is the limit! Please share any ideas, questions, needs, and concerns with us so that we can provide support to promote students' cultural awareness.
- Bring HS international students to classrooms for presentations
- Present mini language lessons in French and/or Spanish
- Connect classrooms with community members
- Collect items for our Culture Box
- Read Dr. Suess books in French and Spanish
- Create cultural projects and presentations (Cinco de mayo, winter holidays, foods, music)
- Help organize Holiday Folk Fair field trip for 6th grade (and perhaps younger students next year)
- Present cross-curricular lessons in French/ Spanish (explorers in Social Studies, and solar energy in Science)
- Present Olympic-themed sports lesson
- Create Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day cards with students in a different language
- Bring HS language students to read to and work with students with an emphasis on the language or culture studied
- Distribute classroom object labels in both languages for teachers to hang in their classrooms and throughout the building